Thursday, November 3, 2011

Recovering....

Ok, so yes, it has been an incredibly long time since I have posted.  My computer issues were more than I originally thought and I have lost all of my project files - including my backups (don't ask).  Luckily the code was backed up on github and I am reconstructing things from there.  Shouldn't be too bad really.  The code was the only serious work, the actual models were stock for the most part.  I also have been working on getting a Hackintosh up and running because I have had alot of people asking about iOS and I didn't have a good way to work on that since it requires a Mac.  Why a Hackintosh?  Simply because I can't afford to shell out the money for a Mac, but I do have access to PCs.  I purchased Snow Leopard for $30 from the Apple app store and now have it running on a Latitude e6410.  If anyone is interested in the process, I could probably do a run down of how I got it running and what my current issues are.  For the most part it just works.

Oh, and I went to Blackberry Devcon and have some exciting news about the direction that RIM is taking for their future platforms.  I was very excited to see ShiVa3D mentioned multiple times.  I will do a full write up soon!

1 comment: