Saturday, June 18, 2011

Python!

Ok, I may be a bit late to the game, but I just started seriously using Python for the first time and I have to say that I haven't had so much fun in a long time!  This really has nothing to do with game development, so I hope you will bear with the digression.  I am a bit of a programming language junky, but only in the sense that I like to learn about them, play with them a bit and move on.  I don't do a lot of serious programming with each one unless I come across a situation that seems appropriate.  I had to do some simple modifications to a CSV file and I will have to do it on a regular basis.  The idea of using C# or Java to do it didn't sound like much fun and those are the languages that I am most familiar with.  Instead, I thought of Python and went from knowing nothing to having the dang thing finished in a few hours.  The code was much smaller than what I would have written in C# or Java and it was a lot more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment