Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What I'm working on

I normally try to get videos out nearly every night, but I have run into some issues that are taking a bit longer to develop.  I am trying to implement rotating the objects in the game in addition to moving them.  While this is rather trivial on one sense, it is proving difficult because I am trying to setup a HUD overlay when you mouse over a movable object.  The overlay has a button for rotating the object.  So far I can get the overlay to appear in the correct position, but one of the issues I am having is that I have set the "onMouseLeave" event to hide the overlay but it doesn't seem to work the way I expected.  The other issue is that I want the overlay to be a circle around the object, but if I implement zooming in overhead mode, the objects will scale up and the overlay will need to scale up as well.  So I'm working on it--stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment