Friday, May 20, 2011

Great News!

Wow!  I'm excited!  I sent off an email to Stonetrip, makers of Shiva3D, and they have graciously allowed me to put a web version of my game online before actually buying the game engine.  I don't think I have explained how this works, but Shiva has the PLE - Personal Learning Edition that you can download for free to try out their software.  I encourage you to go download it at http://www.stonetrip.com/download.html -- download the Shiva3D Suite.  That is the version that I am using and it is fully functional it just leaves a watermark on the game screen when you play it.  I'll put some video up in the near future, but basically all I have to do for the web version of the game is put the game files on a server and then put some autogenerated HTML into a webpage and that's it!  When you click on the link, it will install a very small plugin and then you can play the game.  So the idea is you will be able to test my game and give me feedback while I am developing.  All testers will receive a spot in the credits of the final game.

A final note--if you find my content useful, please click on an ad or two.  Trust me, I know they are annoying, but I am starting to incur some small expenses on the project and hopefully ad money will help mitigate those expenses.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment