Friday, May 13, 2011

Introducing Corona SDK

I originally wanted to try out Corona, but because of some of the other things I was working on at the time I didn’t take the time.  Since then I have done some more research and have decided to give Corona a go.  I think it will be an especially good fit with Shiva3D because they both use Lua as a basis for their programming language.  I have heard good things, so we will see how it goes.  It will be very nice to have solid, affordable options for both 2D and 3D development.  The one thing that I am not so excited about 2D development is the fact that I am a horrible artist.  I feel like I can get by better in 3D because it is more like building with Legos.  Of course both methods require considerable artistic ability to do well so at some point I will probably have to team up with an artist, but I will keep this project simple enough to not have to worry about that at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment